Welcome back to the Financial Conversation Podcast!
This week’s episode is about the obsession of earning more money.
While the ability to earn more money is one of the nice things about being self-employed, it can also be something that’s tough to deal with.
When you are self-employed, you have the flexibility of working whenever you want, as much as you want, and you can charge as much as you want for your services. This means the sky’s the limit when it comes to how much money you can earn.
But that flexibility can also drive some entrepreneurs to work longer hours, harder than ever, which isn’t good news for your work-life balance.
In our niche, there’s also a lot of pressure to hustle, work hard, and earn more money continually, especially if you find yourself trying to “compete” with others who share all of their income information online. This can quickly lead to business burnout.
So how can you deal with the obsession of earning more money? Here are some of our tips.
In this episode we discuss:
- 1:10 – Side hustling: What is it?
- 7:40 – Skipping the side hustle: How Erin started freelancing from scratch
- 27:30 – Finding motivation to keep working and earning more money
- 35:50 – Seeing the potential to earn more money
- 37:45 – Defining success with things other than money
Related links to check out:
- Ep. 2 – Your Job…Or Your Health?
- Ep. 7 – Freelancing: The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly
- Ep. 13 – Crazy Side Hustle Stories
- Ep. 16 – Dealing with Business Burnout
Like It? Subscribe!
We would love it if you subscribed via iTunes or Stitcher, or if you left us a review! While we love getting together and chatting each episode, it’s great to know people are listening. =)