Welcome back to the Financial Conversation Podcast!
This is a very special episode as we discussed a topic everyone can probably relate to: working toward achieving financial wellness.
We were also joined by a special guest, Jason Vitug, from the personal finance website Phroogal, to help spread awareness about this topic and share his story.
Jason is a world traveler, author, blogger, speaker, and most recently, he’s decided to travel around the country this summer visiting major cities in each state to host events for a local grassroots experiment he calls, The Road to Financial Wellness.
We were pleasantly surprised when we heard about Jason’s plan to visit every major city in the nation in just 3 months and encourage a national conversation on financial well being. We’ll discuss all of that and more in this exciting episode!
In this episode we discuss:
- 1:50 – Jason’s backstory
- 4:30 – What Jason thinks the definition of Financial Wellness is
- 5:50 – Intentions of the Road to Financial Wellness Tour
- 10:15 – What kind of challenges Jason has faced leading the tour
- 12:30 – What the most rewarding part of hosting the tour is
- 17:00 – The differences between last year’s tour and this years
- 23:10 – Highlights from Jason’s new book and how we’re all on the same page about financial literacy
- 44:45 – What’s next for Jason
Related links to check out:
- The Road to Financial Wellness
- Ep2: Your Job… or Your Health?
- You Only Live Once by Jason Vitug
Like It? Subscribe!
We would love it if you subscribed via iTunes, Stitcher, or SoundCloud, or if you left us a review! While we love getting together and chatting each episode, it’s great to know people are listening. =)