Welcome back to the Financial Conversation Podcast!
On this week’s episode we are discussing how to have a memorable Valentine’s Day while still being frugal.
This is a topic we wanted to cover because Valentine’s Day is right around the corner, and we know how tough it is to stay faithful to your budget if you are in a relationship.
Various reports show that couples spend around $130 or more on average for gifts, dinner, and experiences.
With Valentine’s Day right around the corner, it’s no wonder that we’ve all got love on the brain. We all know that having relationships costs money. Date nights, Valentine’s Day, and anniversaries are just a few of the expenses that most relationships have to contend with.
In this episode we discuss:
- 2:00 – How often we have date nights
- 3:50 – What is your idea of a date night?
- 6:30 – How do you handle celebrations? (anniversary, Valentine’s, etc.)
- 10:45 – 5 Love Languages
- 14:30 – 64,000 unread emails!?
- 17:10 – Setting a money limit on giving gifts
- 24:20 – Saving up for non- traditional gifts like a trip, etc.
- 28:25 – Keeping romance alive during dating with out overspending
- 29:00 – Avoiding overspending while dating
- 31:20 – How to make sure your relationship is based on more than just money
- 36:55 – Our thoughts on Valentine’s Day
Like It? Subscribe!
We would love it if you subscribed via iTunes, Stitcher, or SoundCloud, or if you left us a review! While we love getting together and chatting each episode, it’s great to know people are listening. =)