Welcome back to the Financial Conversation Podcast!
Tonight we are discussing a somewhat sensitive topic – how to overcome poverty.
Our guest, Femme Frugality, joins us in talking about what it’s like to live below the poverty level, what it’s like to seek government assistance, the challenges of being on said assistance, and how to work toward overcoming poverty.
In this episode we discuss:
- 2:00 – Femme’s backstory, living at the poverty level, and her experience with overcoming poor
- 5:10 – Remembering where we came from and how we got to where we are today
- 14:10 – Welfare requirements
- 26:10 – Government subsidization of minimum wage workers with tax credits
- 37:20 – How education can help you with overcoming poor
- 53:20 – Femme’s plans for the future
Related links to check out:
- Poverty Guidelines
- Social Security Administration – Where to find your past taxable earnings history
- Earned Income Tax Credit
- CoAbode – Single Mothers house sharing service
- Student Aid – How to find out if you are dependent for the FAFSA
- Back to College – How to obtain child care assistance
- AAUW – Information about the Gender Pay Gap
Like It? Subscribe!
We would love it if you subscribed via iTunes or Stitcher, or if you left us a review! While we love getting together and chatting each episode, it’s great to know people are listening. =)