Welcome back to the Financial Conversation Podcast!
Today, we are excited to be sharing our 10th episode with you. And if that’s not enough to get you pumped up, we are also excited to be talking about a topic that can have a major impact on your personal finances: real estate.
We are talking about whether you should choose to buy or rent a property and the effects of both when it comes to personal finances.
Choosing where to live is a real-life personal finance decision that we all face, and it might be one that many of you are facing during this spring home-buying season.
In this episode we discuss:
- 2:00 – Financial Implications of Renting vs. Buying and Pros & Cons of Both
- 16:00 – The “American Dream House” Do you need that much space?
- 18:30 – Determining the Best Decision for You: Should you rent or buy?
- 26:15 – FHA loans for first-time home buyers
- 30:30 – When is the best time to buy a house?
- 35:30 – How self-employment affects buying and renting real estate
- 42:10 – Should you ever pay off your mortgage early?
- 48:40 – Would we do the anything differently when it comes to the real estate decisions we’ve made in the past?
Like It? Subscribe!
We would love it if you subscribed via iTunes, Stitcher, or SoundCloud, or if you left us a review! While we love getting together and chatting each episode, it’s great to know people are listening. =) We want to hear from you! Do you have suggestions or questions? Comment below, or follow us on Facebook or Twitter.